Monday, May 23, 2005

Do you sometimes...

Do you sometimes listen to a song and it reminds you of someone or a particular event? Well, it happens to me all the time. Everytime when I listen to a song that I can relate to, I will stop what I'm doing and listen to every word. There are some songs that Vin sings, e.g. some Andy Lau and Jacky Cheung's singles... Whenever, those songs start to play on my winamp, I will be reminded of those times when he was singing those songs, and I can even imagine his stupid expression when he does. And there are other songs that my sister sings in the bathroom... Some Jolin Tsai songs, and the other time when we went to KTV, she sang some S.H.E. songs. Tho' they can be rather bimbotic, but these songs remind me of her. And when I hear "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane", and the sound track from Armaggedon, suddenly can't remember the title of the song, by Aerosmith, I think of my turtle dude. Songs are helpful means for me to remember snipets of life, at different phase of my life, I listen to different songs too.

Some songs have stories to tell, like there are some of those lyrics that u can relate to. Like similar events have happen to u before and u are able to relate to those lyrics because you've been there and done that. For example, like you are secretly in love with someone and the song sings about how hard it is to be secretly in love and can't tell the girl how much he likes her because he don't want to ruin their friendship kinda things. Zen has recommended some songs to me, actually there were 2, and I can understand why he like those songs so much. I shan't say which are those songs, confidentiality is at work here alright!! Zen, I know u listen to wide range of songs, those 2 songs some how gave me a better insight, though I already know most of what there is to know about your situation. Dilemmas.. delimmas...

Good songs are really rare these days, the quality of the songs are compromised for efficiency and productivity. On occassions, we must really treasure those songs that are so hard to come by. However, I don't think we need to take life that seriously too. For me, I'm not a particular person when it comes to songs, I listen to really bimbotic and himbotic songs just for the sake of it. If every song's that emotionally draining, I'll be so depressed at the end of it anyway.

Posted by Piglet at 10:05 PM

0 comments