Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Since I'm so deprived...

Since I've been depriving myself of blogging for the past week or so... I shall have 2 blogs today. Ok... it's an excuse to 'eat snake'(I actually admit it?). Firstly, I will like to thank my dear friends like Jy, Zen and lovely Vin the Man for the updates on how much fun they have, so that I can 'share their joy'. E.g. shopping at JB, going to Sentosa, Great Singapore Sale etc... Thanks guys, it's good to know you guys are having fun when I'm mugging the daylight out of me for my exams ($%^&*!!)...

Anyway... It's going to my turn soon!! In less than 2 freaking weeks, exams will be over (of cos, there's the mugging part before that, which is also the worse part of the exam apart from getting back the results), and I'm going home!! Though it may be a short lived 1 month, but it's still better than staying in these four walls (actually I counted there are 7 walls in my room, but heck it)... Can you believe how esctatic I was when I could go for groceries shopping? It was like the one time I stepped out of my house for the entire week! Life is at a all time low... Can u believe it? It's been a long time since I've seen civilisation, no wonder people who are locked up for long period of time gets cranky. I'm only haven't left home for a week and I already felt crappy.

For a fact, there's nothing much going on for me, as you can see, the furthest I've gone is my Kitchen or the toilet and the rest of the time, I'm in my room with my book spread out on the table. Then again...

I've decided that I shall not let anyone's bad behaviour affect me. What ever they want to do with their life, it's none of my business and I shall not be a nosey parker and poke my nose in other people's life. They can quarrel all they like, for all you know, this is the way they solve their problems. If it works for them, why the heck should I even be bothered (except that it's disturbing my revision when they raise their voice). If someone likes to show their attitude, so be it.. I will not be bothered by it anymore!! I've finally get to convince myself that, their bad attitude will reap consequences for themselves, not me. If they are not afraid or are prepared for those consequences, good on them. As long as I don't do it, I won't have to be the one who's going to face the consequences, why should I feel so strongly against it? Neutrality will bring me a long way I guess, I'm not sitting on the fence, but I'm protecting myself from premature aging for being upset over people who are not worth it.

Sometimes, I feel that I can be too opinionated, like I pass a value judgement without knowing. It's not a good thing to do ultimately, but I can't resist! I'm a virgo, I can't help being critical of people and of things that are happening around me. And as social workers, we are suppose to 'critically reflect' on the issues that are taking place... Well, I guess as long as I keep my comments to myself I should be fine... But the horror of horrors, I can't! So much about confidentiality... But I am such a blabber mouth, I always regret after making a nasty comment about someone... Like I will reprimand myself for being such a blabber mouth only after telling it to everyone I know. I remember from my first article, I wrote something about not talking unless I have something good to say... I guess it's contradicting... I shall refine my words: Don't say anything to the person of concern if you are not close to them, unless you have good things to say... hmmm... that sounds almost right. It's not hypocritical, because I am not fabricating something that is not true, I'm just not making a negative comment about someone. In simpler words, complain to someone else instead of risking a 'black face'.

All in all... I guess I'm too bored that I have started meddling with other people's affairs. This will be the last time I will be complaining about the legendary duo... And I acknowledge those people who have endured my tormentous complainings, you know who you(s) are, thanks...

Find better things to do I will... Study harder I must, eat more I will... Go home I can't wait!

~mISs-ter YoBa~ signing off...

Posted by Piglet at 4:29 PM

0 comments