Sunday, June 26, 2005

Variations of Men-Women (Boy-Girl) Relationships...

The time now is 8.16am brissy time, and I didn't sleep a wink since 4am. I was wondering if it was the euphoria of going home today that's keeping me awake or is it simply because it was too cold to sleep. I was practically the happiest person on planet earth today (technically is should be yesterday, because it's already Sunday...) after my last paper. There was a silly grin plastered to my face when I waked out of the examination hall and when I was telling an Aussie friend how glad I am that the exams are finally over and it's time for yours truly to go home! We were both so happy, she had to meet her bf otherwise we would have talk some more. So anyway, we shared a friendly hug, kept our fingers crossed that we'll be in the same tutorial next sem and bid each other farewell. I was smiling to myself, trying really hard to conceal it as I don't want to come across to other people who are walking in the opposite direction to think that I've went bonkers from the exams.

The first thing I did when I reached home was to on my computer and use msn without guilt, along the same lines, I played games!! And most of all... I did it without guilt!! hahaha... I'm so so so so happy... I was so happy I cleaned the toilet and vacuumed the floor. I'm mad... I know... but I'm too happy to think straight. In the evening, we went to sunny bank for dinner at 'little Taipei'... Finally!! I've been waiting to dine there since the day I came back to Brissy after the Summer holidays. So, once again, it made me super happy...!! I'm so so so happy...

As I was saying, I've been trying to sleep since 4am, after my talking cok buddies left. I managed to doze off for a few seconds until my other hsemate who's sleeping in the living room came back from the Casino. I've mentioned before that I'm a uber light sleeper and the thin walls don't really help... So... I was stirred from my sleep... I tried to get back to sleep, but I could hear sounds of him washing his bowls after some snack (bear in mind, the time is about 4-5am.. so I guess it's breaky for him), I can hear him washing his clothes, by the way, the washing machine that I have is the really noisy kind. After putting his clothes to wash, he began packing (he's on the same flight as me, he's going back to Singapore too because his sister is getting married), packing is never a quiet affair. After which, his clothes finally finish washing, but he need to put them in the dryer to dry the clothes (for the most apparent reasons) so that he can pack them in his luggage. So... here I am... can't sleep, and did I mention, my friends who came over to 'talk cok' brought some Jim Bean over and I was coerced (ok la... not so serious, I was persuaded) into drinking like a small cup, and being not that articulate at rejecting people, I did. I swear I'm not going to drink abother Jim Bean or Burbon (Burborn? Burbourne? Burborne?... Argh... what ever!)Coke ever again. It has such a terrible after taste! Yuck!

Since I'm like so cannot sleep, and I won't go to the airport until about after 12 and the time now is barely 10am (usually at this wee hour of the day... I'm still weaving dreams) I shall be posting a really 'bo-liao' post.. It's something that I've suddenly thought of the other day when I was suppose to be mugging for my exams. Its the kind of relationships that can exist between Men and Women.

Disclaimer: This is going to be a very opinionted topic, mainly based on my own assumptions and limited knowledge. So, it's not something that anyone can use as a guide or take seriously. If I write something that sounds like rubbish, it's probably because I didn't have enough sleep. So, don't be offended or flame me if you happen to disagree to anything I'm about to say. Besides, I'm a nice, and negotiable person, tell me your opinions or disagreements (if you have any), so we can discuss about it ya?

Boyfriend/Girlfriend:
It's as simple as it sounds, a more pigletology definition will be: the stage where a girl and boy has move their platonic and friendly relationship to another level. Increasing intimacy, which includes holding hands and the hugs and kisses. Some relationships engage in a higher level of intimacy which will be elaborate under the husband/wife catergory. Passion and lots of sweet nothingness for the first few months and more optimistically, the first few years or so. Romance fade away and increasing coming to be replaced by commitment and sense of responsibility. On the other hand, romance fade away, both parties find out more about each other and decided that they cannot stand each other's guts and the break up. It's like a trial period before becoming husband and wife. Some have a longer trial period, whereas some are much shorter. Some people like to have a few trials at the same time, some need to try one for a long time.

Platonic friends:
It's generally defined as friendly relationship between a guy and a girl without out romantic intentions, e.g. to develop it further into boyfriend/girlfriend. However, the existence of plationic relationship is really much disputed. There are strong lefties who think that platonic relationships are bullshit, suggest a theory that is some what similar to "which idiot will be friend a girl he's not interested in?". In other words, usually when the guy even bothered to take a second look at a girl is because either she's got a damn good figure (most guys don't really bother about looks, if you get what I mean) or simply because he's interested in her in a romantic way. Some might think this is shallow, but yes, such guys exist, don't be too surprise. And on the other end of the spectrum, platonic relationship is possible and very much proven by real life experience where the guy and the girl are nothing more than friends. The relationship is build on sense of mutuality and brotherhood (or sister hood). No holding hands, no hugging or kissing and minimal amount of physical contact is allowed at this stage.

Ex Boyfriends/Ex Girlfriends:
People who you use to share some form of romantic relationship with. The key word is 'Used to'. So literally, ex-s are a thing of the past, the sorry and irreversible past. Either party has to learn how to get over it and some people take longer time to get over, some can hob into another relationship in the wink of an eye. These are people that make you wonder if they have ever been truely in love, of cos we shouldn't dispel the possibility that some peopl have great re-bouncing ability. There are a few cases where the ex-s get back together and don't work out and others that work out just fine. In trying to explain this phenomena, people break up because of a niggering characteristic(s) of that the other party is intolerable. Eg. continue to fart in public after unrelentless warnings or the use of lethal weapons such as high decibel screeching and screaming tone that threaten to burst your ear drums when asking for something. Thus eve if the ex-s do get back together but the reluctance to kick the bad habits will cause them to break up again (and again and again...)

That's it for part one of the extensive list I've compiled. Stay tuned if you're interest to know more or you can go and read somebody else's blog if you are not. Ok.. I know I'm cranky, but I didn't have enough sleep to start with. I slept at 2.30am and woke up at 9am for my paper the previous day and I slept at 4.00am and woke up at 4.00.5am today. I'm going to try and catch at least 10 winks if not forty before I get on the plane cos I want to watch movies on the plane... Yoo hoo...

Bye bye Brissy... Bye bye room, bye bye books and reading packs... bye bye table... bye bye speakers, bye bye... *ZZzzZZzZzZzzzzzz*

Posted by Piglet at 8:16 PM

0 comments