Thursday, July 21, 2005
A Chocolatey Tuesday...
On tuesday, I went out with TJ in the afternoon to go to temple at Bugis to pray after which we went to walk walk around bugis and head to Nokia shop at Suntec to collect phone for Vin the Man. His phone gave him attitude and refuse to display anything on the main screen, it was impossible for him to read his messages. So Vin finally decided that it's was time he send the phone for repair. Anyway, it was done with no cost, it's still under warranty. I've always thought warranties are good stuffs provided for by retailers, imagine you bought something so expensive and it die on you as and when it like.
Anyway, Tj and me head for some yummilicious ice cream after walking all over the place. We had ice cream at Anderson's of Denmark, it was my first time having ice cream there. To my amazement, they actually sell rather good ice cream and they do not cost a big bomb. Unfortunately, I would say that from my ice cream eating experience, they lack variety. Then again, people will usually go for their favourite flavours, as long as they provide that flavour nobody really care about the variety.

That's my order, I don't remember the name but I remember what I ice cream I order. I had Belgium Chocolate Chip and Banana Crunch. If my sister is reading this, she will probably make a disgusted face. The ice cream were really good, no complains.

That's me, look really contented with my ice cream.

That's Tj's order,it's Banana Split. Look really cool eh? Taste really cool too! She had Fruits of Forest and Cookies and Creams for ice cream. Yum Yum...

And finally, that's us looking really thankful that we finally found a place to sit down. Of cos we're both really excited to have ice cream, we wanted to go Haagen Daz, but we were at Suntec, so we end up at Andersons and surprised to find that the ice cream were really good too. What makes it more exciting is that we've got a discount because TJ has her NUS card. For the guys, if you have ur Safra card, you'll get your discount too...
After our ice cream expedition, Tj and I had to say our goodbyes because she was too shy to join me for dinner with Jy, Ray, Py and Evwin. So we bid each other farewell at the City hall control station, I don't remember if it was Tj, but some one asked me,"is this the last time I'm seeing you?"
my reply, "... ..."
Anyway, like I've said, I was meeting Jy, Py, Ray and Evwin for dinner. Really glad that Raymond could make it at the last minute. Of cos I'm happy that the rest could find time to meet up for dinner. Even though it maybe at the Marina SQ's newly renovated food loft. Suppose to be JY's fav food court, only if we're seated outside. So if we're sitting inside, it's just another foodcourt. Vin managed to book out for dinner that night, it was something I really appreciate. He's so busy with work that his' phone keep ringing even after working hours. He's severely under paid. For those who think you are under paid, imagine having to wake up at 6 in the morning and you work through out the day and only get to rest at 9-10pm everynight. Even if you get to rest early, you have to be prepared to be bogged down with phone calls from work. So, quit complaining and do your job, you may find life more meaningful that way.
Throughout the dinner, Raymond was talking about this Chocolate Place at the Esplanade which have really good Chocolate desserts. So we end up at that place after dinner and order a Waffles and a Fondue after frantically trying to attract the attention of the waiters. Someone suggested flipping the table or breaking glasses, which turn out to be plastic, and someone say it's possible to break it. Of cos we didn't do it. We asked for the waiter to recommend something that is most sellable in the shop and he said,"The Souffle are very sellable a lot of people like it very much, But it's sold out..." So there were some commotion among us, like, "why bother to tell us when it's already sold out?" and "maybe he's telling us, so we'll come back and try it another time?" Personally I was half expecting that the waiter will continue to tell us what's good, but Raymond had to prompt him," So what other desserts will you recommend?" the wait then said the Waffles was good.
Majority, except for Ray found the Waffles really good because he said it's too messy. Too bad I was too engrossed with eating that I didn't take a photo of it. It's not that messy la... The Fondue was good too, 3 chocolate sauce, white, dark and milk chocolate. I found that it was slightly over rated though. Just a plate of strawberries, bananas, banana bread and marshmallows, and that's $20.00 for you. Then we started convincing each other that it's necessary for them to cover their high rental cost because it's situation within the Esplanade. I didn't get a photo of it either, but I manage to realise toward the end that I should take a photo of everyone.

That's all folks for a very chocolatey Tuesday. Vin thought I was intoxicated with Chocolate because my behaviour was a little crazy that night when he sent me back. I don't doubt it, I guess I was really 'high' on chocolate...
Posted by Piglet at 1:33 PM
Navigation
Wish List
chatters
hits and misses
Credits