Thursday, July 14, 2005

Last 10 days...

Today's the 14th (I know you can tell from the date on the post), which means it's the last 10 days of my holidays. Damit! Time really do fly... I can still remember so vividly the day before I came back, I was so happy that I couldn't sleep. Now... Everynight before I switch of my night light, the last thought on my mind is "shit! another x days to go..." I've realised that I've started to blog about this on every introduction paragraph of my blog, I can't resist it. It's pretty much what I've been thinking about these days. I've once heard some one say, "life is like a wheel that is turning, when you think you are at your lowest point, you will then start moving up. You will not stay down or up forever..."

I was out with Ms Choo yesterday as she was treating me to dinner. Thanks for the dinner Ms Choo, a pity that I didn't bring my camera along though. We realised that women are really long winded and have no immunity to gossiping. Anyway, to illustrate that point, we met each other at 6.30 and we yakked non-stop from then til almost 10.30pm... No wonder Ms Choo was so thirsty... I didn't really get the chance to meet up with JY on the last holiday, partly because I was temp-ing and we were both kinda busy and had a little misunderstanding. This time... I spend most of my time with her. It's like old times... she hasn't change at all, and according to her, me neither.

Speaking about changes, Ms Choo made a very good point. It is because of our constant rambling and chit chatting over MSN that we were kinda still in touch and could move along with each other should there be any changes. In other words, we change together, so we are less sensitive to changes if any. An analogy would be: If we stay togethere, even if I've put on 5kg, she won't notice. Whereas someone who haven't seen me for a long time will be able to tell that I've put on weight immediately.

To me changes are one things, where getting to know more about the person on another light or realising that this person has other traits through other means is another. If you are to say some one has changed, at least have the courteousy to tell that person how or where he/she has changed. Changes can be a very subjective issue, it can be good or bad and not everyone appreciate changes and take it positively.

Despite what Ms Choo said, I still think that I've changed. I use to harbour my thoughts to myself, but I find that I'm more able to express myself verbally. Probably I am more able to put the right words to my thoughts now as compared to last time, or should I say I'm more articulate. I'm less worried about saying the wrong things and pissing someone off, then again... It could be the other way round. Something else which I personally think I've made some progress... I'm more OPTIMISTIC now... see I can even spell it.

The point about optimism... It's a matter of perspective. For e.g. Preparing yourself for the worse can be decipher as being a realist or an pessimist. When someone say," I'm just thinking of the worse, so that I know what to expect if something bad happen.." Can you say that this person is a pessimist? Isn't this person being realistic? or when someone say, " I will be boss 10years from now, this, this, and this will be my plan. I will climb to the top of my career with my master plan." Is this person realistic or optimistic? I've always associated optimism with naivity, think simple, think straight... You will be the most optimistic person... I say I'm more optimistic because I think more like Dory... Everytime when I say something like "wah... I still have a long way to go to complete my Uni..." she will say "the cup is half empty or half full?"

I know this sound like a sloppy post... but I'm really pushed for time. But I want to blog this, in case I forget to do so in future. Anyway, I really learn alot from the yakking session with Ms Choo and I'm glad I did.

Posted by Piglet at 12:44 PM

0 comments