Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Results Day...
I've lost count on how many days I've been in Singapore since day 1... But heck it... I'm enjoying myself everyday, isn't that all that matters? I took truck loads of photos but I'll be re-formating my comp, so I thought I might leave them out for now.
Anyway... Today... 6th of July... is the RESULTS day... remember the exam fever post earlier on? This is like a follow up... Or rather an ending... Cut the long story short... I'm getting my results today.. at 11am Aussie time... Which means I shld be able to access it from 9am Singapore time (hmmm... still quite a long story eh... I can't help being naggy, it's me..)
So I logged on to my sch website... Trying very hard to stay calm... So... I waited for the page to load, which take almost forever (because of the huge amount of people alike, who are trying to gain access to their results as well...). And then...
Before the page finish loading, I was so worried about the few subjects that I think I will fail... E.g. My Direct Practice exam... because I flunk the assignment... I got 18% out of a total of 40%, and 13% out of 20% for another assignment. Which means... I've got 31% out of 60%... and the Exam is worth 40% (which makes it 100%), I need at least 20%... So it's kind of harrowing to think about it...
And for the other subject... Individual Health and Development... I there were like 101 articles and readings to go through before the exam, everything gets mundane and nothing gets into my system after a week of reading... I didn't do well for the assignment either.... I've got like 26% over 45%... Which means... I have to work extra hard to pass... On the day of the exam... 2 hours paper... But I left before the time is up, because I have nothing to write... I left the exam hall feeling so bad, half expecting that I was going to fail the course.
With these thought in mind, I waited patiently for my results... I've been a realist all my life, I want to be an optimist...
The page finally loaded...
I look at my result for the first time...
I rubbed my eyes...
I pushed up my spectacles...
I pass!! I pass!!
To start with, a simple description of the grades system...
Grade 1 - Serious Fail
Grade 2 - Fail
Grade 3 - Conceded pass
Grade 4 - Pass
Grade 5 - Credit
Grade 6 - Distinction
Grade 7 - High Distinction
I've got:
Direct Practice (SWSP2077) - 4
Individual Health and Development (SWSP2211) - 5
Introduction to social work (SWSP2033) - 5
Australian Social Policy (POLY2000) - 6
It's my best results ever... In yr one, sem 1... I've got three 4s... and one 5. sem 2 I've got two 4s and two 5s...
I'm so happy... Just imagine a wide silly grin smacked across my face now... I'm happy because my hard work paid off, being in a country where the culture is so diversed, it's really hard. Besides, I have no one to discuss my assignments with, which makes it even worse. I confine myself to a limited scope when I do my assignments... I'm also very happy because I don't have to waste my mom's (and my aunt who co-sponsored me) hard earned money to re-take my course. It's so expensive to study abroad, everytime I spend in Australia, I would consider if it was absolutely necessary to... I would also like to buy gifts for friends when I come back on holidays, but I'll be spending my parents' money to buy gifts for friends... I guess that's not justifiable, and I just can't bring myself to do that.
Everytime when people say I very rich, I want to slap them on their cheeks and ask them to wake up their ideas. You really think I'm filthy rich? They don't understand how hard my mom has worked throughout the years to save up for my sisters and me to study and for unforseen circumstances like me having to study abroad. I just hate it when people take it for granted that since my mom is able to pay for 4years of my education in Australia means I'm rich. WTH... it's simply because of this, that my mom has to work, she could have retired and enjoy life, doing the things that she loves to do. And just because I'm able to come back every holiday, doesn't mean I'm rich too... The money that I saved up from working my ass off in the 2 years before I went for my studies, I work when I come back during the summer holidays too, you think I sit around like a fat ass tai tai?
So for those imbeciles who know shit... I would advise them to shut their trap before they start rattling nonsense that piss the hell out of me...
That's enough negativities for a day... it's suppose to be a happy day... I'm going out with Dory the Big Blue Blur later... Yeah yeah yeah...
Posted by Piglet at 1:00 PM
Navigation
Wish List
chatters
hits and misses
Credits