Thursday, August 25, 2005
Busy busy...
It's been a hectic week for me.. Not that it's already a week since the last I posted... Still, it's crazy...
I had my group presentation on Tuesday, I had to go to school on Monday at 8.30am to 'rehearse'.
However, when I reached where we're suppose to meet, only one other group mate and I were punctual. One didn't come and the other came when we're both almost done and about to go.
The presentation on Tuesday was a flop.
I think I've grasp the crux of what the topic requires us to, but apparently the 'language' in which I've used to present it was not appropriate.
Not that I'm speaking in Greek or what, it's just that the words that I used. Eg. Disadvantaged, marginalised, etc. was not what the tutor was looking for. I've turn my presentation into a needs based community, rather than a solution focused one.
Alright, you can ignore the above, it's all very technical. I just felt the need to grumble and lament over what I've done.
On Wednesday, I went to court. As in the Supreme court. You know, High Court? Anyway, I didn't get myself into any trouble, I was there to do assignment.
I have a subject this semester called Social Work in the Legal Context.
As part of the assignment, I am required to be present at a court hearing as an observant.
Shan't elaborate my assignment, but on Wednesday, the hearing that I went to happen to be a murder case.
Woah...
It was so intense... The court was full of people, I had to wait til the first recess where everyone exit the court room for a pee break that I had a chance to sneak in.
I wasn't there for the first half, but what I gathered was, Someone stabbed someone repeatedly on March 2002 morning... My guess is, a white anglo saxon Australian stabbed an Indigenous Australian. My induction came from the observation that there were a substantial number of Indigenous people present at the court. One of them appeared to be in distress, I assume he would be a family member of the deceased.
Witnesses were called in one by one and asked the same questions over and over again. It's really not like what you see on tv, this is so real.. Can you imagine the person sitting at the plaintiff stand actually killed someone?
Now the interesting part is over, I have to do a written report on it. Argggh...
Today... I spent the longest time with my group mate designing a 2 page survey, for another assignment.
We spent 4 hours in the room pulling our hairs out thinking of questions that are appropriate in the social work context.
It's not easy designing a survey. So, I've learn to appreciate the surveys that put forward to me in future. It's hardwork for the person who has designed it and they deserve some encouragement and appreciation.
So coincidentally, my cousin asked me to do a survey that he's designed. I did it without second thoughts... To those who have a fear for surveys, just do la... Don't po po ma ma can? If you don't give feedback then next time don't complain people never improve on their things k?
I'm sure you guys would have get to know Eggplant (my female housemate, who called me a toothpick) very well by now.
Today she made the lowest class joke, her jokes are always low class, cheap jokes, but today's is a real classic of the jokes that she think is funny.
Remember I said I was in my room for 4 hours to rush my research project with my friend? This was after my friend left, Eggplant, another housemate whom I'll call Banana and I were having a brief conversation:
Banana: Aye... Piglet, you came back already ar? I thought you still in school, didn't see you around...
piglet: yah lor, I've been doing my assignment, wah tired sia... I spend a bloody 4 hours on it lor... I only leave my room to go pee and refill water.
Banana: orrh... No wonder la...
Eggplant: Ya lor, ya lor... piglet was back very early. She came back with her friend. They in the room for so long, I thought they gao lesbian... hehehe... (laugh cheekily)...
piglet & Banana: *-_______-'''*
piglet: *vomit blood*
Posted by Piglet at 11:08 PM
Navigation
Wish List
chatters
hits and misses
Credits