Friday, August 19, 2005

The Ekka Fair - Thrill rides, Dog shows and Showbags!!

I went to the Ekka fair on Wednesday and took a chunk load of photos. They were too many that I have to seperate them up and put them in parts. The Ekka fair is some sort of a carnival that is set up to celebrate the farmer's harvest. It's a very countryside event that is carried out in the city. It's way of exchange where the city people get to exprerience countryside life and where the country side people can sell their produce to the city people. They have really fresh strawberries! So sweet you'll choke... In the follow posts, you'll be able to have a feel of what the Ekka really is, but of cos' it's never as good as being able to exprerience all these first hand. Then again, no fish prawns also good... Enjoy!

The Ekka fair has lots of rickety thrill rides that makes my hair stand. Not that I am scared of hopping on one of these rides, if they are safe that is. I wonder if it's because it's unsafe, which adds on to excited or are them really that exciting. Another thing about the Ekka is that proud dog owners can bring their pedigree on stage to 'show-off'. It's actually a dog competition, pictures below. What makes everyone oh-so excited(including myself) is their show bag pavillion... It's a really cool way of shopping, for e.g. they have a M&Ms showbag, inside this bag, there are all the M&M's chocolate, all in different flavours and some gifts, such as the M&M's chocolate dispenser. They packaged everything into one bag and sell it off at a cheaper price. I bot a Starburst Showbag, it's jelly candies actually. Sorry, you can't find a star burst in Singapore...

This 'thing' here, is call the mega drop (I think). It's something like the one in dreamworld, the passengers were raised to about 20 storeys high and then followed by a free fall. So exciting right? But I didn't take the ride, one reason being, my mother don't allow. Another, I was busy carrying the stuff toys that my friends won from the carnivals games.


Hauted house ride... I went on this one last year and was really disappointed at how 'dodgey' it is. From a bo liao person's point of view, I honestly think this ride is even more bo liao than me lor... It's a waste of money and also a waste of man power to be setting this up.


This one... Very noisy ride. Why? Everyone on this ride scream like there's no one else in the premise. Doesn't look very scary lor... I believe it's not that scary either...


These mildest ride and always a family favourite, I don't remember the last time I've been on one of these ferries wheel. It's the all time best (and boring) ride for couples, family and friends.


This malamute weighs as much as your truly (tho' my friend say it looks heavier than me)... It's huge lor... Can't really tell from the picture, but if you see the real thing, you will be amaze at how pretty it is. It's a little like huskies, but a slightly bigger size one.


Here's the dog show... That's grey hounds for you ladies and gentlemens... Of cos' their proud owners too... Good job people... Your dogs looks great, tho all I can see is their butt.


At the showbags pavillion...


This is car plate making stand, as you can see from the photos, those hanging on the walls are customised car plates (nope, you can't use them on a car) that you can hang up on your doors at home (if you have a room to yourself). These babies here are 20 bucks for the green and yellow plates, because there are too many of them, they are frantically trying to get rid of them. 25 bucks for the other colours and 30 bucks for the rainbow colour ones... Cool eh?


Soft toys... All made in china.


This is how the content of one show bag looks like. The star wars one is really dodgey, I'm disappointed. I actually wanted to get a star wars show bag for Vin the Man, but the ones they have sucked. For those who still have no idea what a show bag is, it is something like a gift bag that they compile all the items from either a cartoon or a company like, Star wars, The Incredibles, Care bears, etc. Got it?

Posted by Piglet at 9:32 PM

0 comments