Monday, August 08, 2005
I L-O-V-E Korean food... Yummm...
Have I ever mention to anyone that I'm a big fan of Korean food? If not, I'm going to do it NOW... I absolutely love Korean delicacies! I love their spice and barbeque, it's damn good ok. I don't see Korean restaurants around Singapore, but there are lots of Korean restaurants in Brissy.
I just went for Korean cuisine today with my HK friend. She brought me to this new place with really big chairs and big tables and of course, really really good Korean food. Very authentic Korean too! We ordered the 'Stone rice', which is similar to the Claypot rice we find in Singapore. The ingredients are different lah... We order another soup to go with it, beef and bean sprouts soup, which taste oh so good...
This is not my first time at a Korean restaurant, I've tried a variety of Korean dishes and conclude that they are really good. Of course, some of you may beg to differ, it's your taste buds anyway. My taste buds are happy and delight with Korean food.
If I didn't remember wrongly, the name of the restaurant is call Wah. Yes, I didn't spell wrongly, it is W A H, Wah...
We spend about 1 and half hours at the Korean restaurant, and talked about many things. One of the things that we talked about is how vulnerable life has become.
One example is the increasing suicide rate of juveniles, due to the most un-called for reasons. Many youth nowadays attempt and commit suicide because they have just been ditched or they did badly for their exams.
People are less able to handle stressful situation and opt for the 'easier' way out when they are faced with a problem. Which is choosing to end it all by ending their life.
Too many people are not able to accept failures and see it as something that they will never get out of. In other words, people who have failed will see themselves as failures and start thinking that, no matter what they do, they will not be able to make it and gradually stop trying. They try to escape realities by giving themselve that excuse, that no matter how they try, they will not be able to make, so why bother?
As a result, some might start blaming everyone but themselves. E.g. blaming their parents for not being able to provide for the right environment to encourage growth. So it doesn't matter if the person is not trying, its somebody else's fault if they are in the plight that they are in.
In fact, there are too many people who are just not ready to face the reality and take failure as a form of a learning process. Thus some people are indecisive, they want to plan their actions properly so that they don't fail and to make sure that they do the right things. But, what if after all the planning and wasting of time and effort, they fail all the same? Isn't that worse than those who didn't have a plan in the first place?
If less time is spent on making a decision, and should the decision fail, disappointment would considerably be lesser. On the same note, if more time and effort is placed into making a decision, and if the plan worked out perfectly, the sense of fulfilment and satisfaction will double.
I guess it's all a matter of perspective, how different view things differently. What is right or wrong? Good or bad? Who defines? What is the definition? Its all up to the individual and the context in which the individual is in. E.g. is it right to tell a 'white' lie? A lie is a lie, a lie is negative in nature, but why is a 'white' lie justifiable? It is always better to tell the truth, or is it?
Everyone will fail at certain things at different point of their life. For example, I am a really bad maths student, I've got E8 for my A maths before, but it felt really shiok even if I were to get a pass for my maths.
Piglet's quote of the day:
People who have never failed before, will never know the shiokness of success.
Posted by Piglet at 11:04 PM
Navigation
Wish List
chatters
hits and misses
Credits