Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Baby Language
I'm pretty sure that everyone knows a few words of baby language... e.g. "mumm mumm" - eat, "shhh shhh" - sleep, "Bomm bomm" - bathe.
I always think I have nothing against baby language until one day it occur to me that, "What the heck, why do I detect the use of baby language in EVERYDAY conversation?" So bad that every vocab has literally become some form of baby language. E.g. "knife knife", "Swing Swing", "meat meat"... Argh... It does get on people's nerves after a while. I swore to myself that I'll never ever use baby language ever again, else I will force my self to not my favourite food for a week, and eat only plain, tasteless and bland stuffs.
I really have nothing against people using baby language, but I can't stand it when people try EXCESSIVELY to 'act cute'... If the person is naturally cute, that's a fact that cannot be changed, but if some one who is not cute... Please don't try, it's disgusting...
Not everyone needs to be cute to be attractive... Some people are cute but not pretty, some are pretty, but not cute, some mature looking ladies are attractive too. Who say girls have to be cute to be attractive? Everyone emits an aura that is unique to themselves which makes them attractive, why bother to be someone who is not yourself?
Ever hear of the chinese fable?
Dong shi is a not so good looking person, whereas Xi shi is some ravishing beauty that can make guys go a little crazy. Everyone's heard of Xi shi's beauty and went to see her, whereas Dong shi is being severely neglected. So one day Dong shi say, "Why can Xi Shi have so many fans? I also want...!!!" She secretly went over to Xi shi's residence one day to see her wanting to imitate her poise. However, when Dong Shi reach, Xi Shi was just having a pain on her bosom and she placed her hands on the pain and managed a slight frown. All the guys who saw that almost faint with grace that she has presented. So Dong shi went away and practice that pose day and night, until she thinks it was perfect. One day, she stood on the courtyard where there were a lot of passerby during the day and started doing what she has learnt from watching Xi shi...
The ending needs a little imagination from you guys. You don't need me to spell it out to know what it is...
I guess beauty is just a first impression, of cos, not every can choose how they want to look (unless you mean plastice surgery). But... fortunately, everyone can choose how they want to behave and how they carry themselves.
Someone can be a traffic stopping beauty with a sucky character. So what if she has a lot of suitors that line from Singapore to end of the gulf? If she has a sucky character, the guys will know about it sooner or later and leave her to rot... Whereas someone who is average looking, intelligent and have a good character, they will find someone who can stick through thick and thin with them. Afterall, everyone will grow old, when everyone's old, everyone wrinkle... Everyone look the same... no?
If you people are smart enough, you would know I didn't come up with this topic without making an indirect reference to another person.
Sometimes I think to myself, am I being mean to that person? Am I just prejudice? Am I being unreasonable and hard to get a long with?
Somehow or rather, the answer I gave and give myself is still 'NO!!!'.
Maybe we're just different kind of people... Different league, different styles and different mind set... Despite the fact that we're of the same age.
Everytime I try to be nice, she thinks I'm challenging her and gets all defensive. She will jump at every chance to piss me off... Still... Vin always say... 以德服人... Not matter what the other person does, continue to be nice. Afterall, I don't lose from being nice and there's no need to get worked up at or be bothered with people who don't matter to you in the first place.
Still the bottom line is.. I can't stand people who act cute, I lagi cannot stand girls who are very whiney and like to 撒娇... *Ugh* For fun kind is fine, not the kind who goes all out and try and be someone whom they are not... I don't mind humouring myself by looking at how silly they are though...
Posted by Piglet at 11:17 AM
Navigation
Wish List
chatters
hits and misses
Credits