Friday, September 09, 2005

Just shoot me...

I know it's a title for some comedy sitcom, I'll probably need to reference it to avoid plagarism, so erm... may all credits be given to whom needs to be credited..

So... formalities out of the way... Here's why I need to be shot...

I know, I may sound a wee bit exaggerating to some people reading this, but, I can't stand living in a household with 2 other lovey dovey couples.



Day in day out, night in and night out as well, I see these 2 sets of couple doing loving stuffs like I'm invisible... Beat that k... For those people who really don't like hanging out with couples (you know who u are), just think of me, when u are having a hard time handling couples who are all over each other. One of the couples have their own room, the other one, they stay in the living room...

The house is NOT sound proof... Thus making everything non-transparent. In the sense that, I CAN BLOODY HEAR ALL THEIR CONVERSATION!!! It is not deliberate! I did not deliberately listen to their conversation, but I can hear them all the same... Doors open, doors closed, I can hear!!! As a last resort, I have to wear my ear piece turn the volume of my mp3s up and let the music cover the sound and the content of their conversation.

I frankly cannot do anything productive with my music so loud, I'll be singing along to the song and nothing from my readings ever get into my system. It's just not working...

I'm not grumpy or having PMS or anything, it's just that issue with privacy and the UNWILLINGNESS and rights of a third party to decline the choice to listen to a conversation that has nothing to do with him or her, in this case ME!

Ask me if I have a back up plan... and I'll say yes I do..

Nowadays, I've been trying to stay in school to do my studying before I go home. The school library is a good place to study, they have individual study cubicles. The best thing is, no one is allow to talk in the library, not even couples... So couples who have come to study together, cannot and most probably will not be whisphering sweet nothingness to each other. Of cos I've seen a few attempting to hold hand and study at the same time *roll eyes*...

You know... I get along fine with couples, but not the ones who cannot leave each other alone for a while? They constantly have to be touching each other, or giving each other those dreamy expressions, it just freaks the daylight out of me.

Can't they be more sensitive to the people who are single or people who's bf are not with them? Not that I have a problem with these affectionate gestures, but please do it at ur own time.

Everytime I see one of those couple cuddling up to each other, I have to resist the urge to roll my eyes and feel disgusted. I keep telling myself to pretend I didn't see that, and it's normal for couples to do it, stop behaving like I'm born in an era where the conservatives still rules... I guess I'm really uncomfortable with this public display of affection thing, it's almost like a taboo to me...

Having to hang out with couples like this is a harrowing exprerience, but having to stay with One couple is bad enough, now, two. It's like u wake up to a nightmare every morning... Note the irony, waking up to nightmare... sleeping for solace...

Anyway, I could have exaggerated a little just to get the point across... (Please filter out what you think is dramatic, then probably there won't be much left on my blog)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went out for lunch with a friend yesterday after her group presentation, we had Portugese food... If I am not wrong, we order half of a flame grilled chicken with extra hot and lemon and herbs sauce. It was sooooooo.... good... It was my first time at that restaurant yesterday though I've been to that area many times. The sauce was soooooooo.... good... Finger lickin' good lor... We order a salad too, the serving was quite huge, apparently it was enough for 2. The chips was so full that some of them fell of the plate due to over-crowding... I had a really really great lunch yesterday...

At this point of time, you'll probably have guessed that everything's going to taste yummilicious as long as I don't dine with my couple of couples housemates.

No lah...

I still have dinner with them and hang out when there are other 'single handed' friends like me in the proximity...

Life's all good, only it could have been better.

I had my Law lecture today and someone raised a very good point...

In times where you are not sure, it's better to let the person who you suspect is guilty off, than to convict someone who is innocent...

More complains for another day...

Posted by Piglet at 2:28 PM

2 comments