Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Mundane-ism...

For the past few weeks, I've tried to keep to a routine for my revision, but it has been really really shitass boring... I think I'm going mad (defined clinically as a disease of the mind), if I don't do something about it. But there's nothing I can blardy do... All this cooping at home, in my room, in front of my computer is driving nutsy and a little cranky... Not that I've been abusing my housemates or hurtling vulgarities at innocent people.

Here's what I do everyday,

9.30am: Rise and shine, pry myself up from the bed and do whatever everyone does in the morning, but skip the breakfast bit, too lazy for that.

10.00am: Get my ass in front of my desk, open up all my notes and place them in a fashion that looks like I'm going to start cracking, but I'm actually turning on my pc at the same time and staring into thin air.

10.15am: Finally the pc has booted up and I jerk myself out of the trance and start click on the explorer button and the MP3 button and wait... Surf net a bit, read one or two blogs, check a few mails... Loiter around for a while and start to feel like it's about time to study.

11.00am: I take one look at my notes and yawn... Look at my mp3 list and enqueue all the songs that I want to listen and take a long time at doing it.

11.30am: I finally started to take my notes seriously. I TRIED very hard to concentrate... and I eventually get myself in the mood to study.

1.00pm: It's lunch time... Yay... a time to procastinate... Try to watch something my housemate has downloaded and eating at the same time.

2.30pm: It's time to study AGAIN...

5.30pm: Bath Time... In case some of you are mistaken, I don't study 3 hours straight, I do get up to have a drink and pee. That's not a problem if you don't think about it, but I drink a lot. Geddit?

6.00pm: Continue to study... Keep looking at the time... Study... Look at time...

7.30pm: Dinner!!! Yay... Can watch tv and eat dinner at the same time...

9.00pm: Go back to room and study some more...

12.30am: Call Vin and disturb him, if he's free, we'll talk until I sleep, if he's not, I will study some more and wait for him to miss call me, so that I can call him.

That's it... Boring study life... The only thing I'm glad is it's only another week. Really want to get it over and done with and go home... I never know I'll miss home so much until I came over. Some might ask, "Why the heck did you even go Aussie and study, since you miss home so much?"

My reply







-___-'' Why cannot?


By the way, I've just got informed by my feild educator for next year's placement (attachment, internship, etc.), that I'll be posted to QUT to work in their International Student Service unit. How cool is that? It's near to where I am, I can take the ferry every morning to work. It's in the city, I can go shopping everyday. It's an International Student unit... Who am I? An international student lor... Dor Lor bei good?

I've met my supervisors, they seem like nice people. I just hope that everything will go smoothly. Even though social workers are expected to be prepared for hiccups, but I don't know how far I can go with all those hiccups... 'They' say, you'll die if you don't stop your hiccup at the 100th. Well, we'll see ya?

Hey... I'm suppose to be an optimistic, young, vibrant, budding and inspiring social worker... And to become that, I have to pass my exam this semester (and every other semester), so I think I better go back and STUDY for my exams. I told my mom when she called yesterday that this is the last time I'm going to study for the rest of my life (I hope I don't have to eat back my words someday in the far future).

Posted by Piglet at 10:49 AM

0 comments