Saturday, March 18, 2006

Some people are not meant to be social workers at all...

I do mean it...

Some of them who are doing the same degree as me... they shouldn't even be doing it in the first place. Other subjects like social science or political science may suit them better...

All these talk about acknowledging cultural diversity in the social work context doesn't seem to have any impact on them at all...


Shitass...

Even though they may get really excellent grades for their assignments and have an average GPA of 6.8, it does not reflect their sucky personality...

So what if you are able to give intelligent, smarty pants and totally moving remarks during tutorials...

So what if you say things like,"It breaks my heart to send a pregnant lady out to sleep in the streets... and to tell them that there's nothing I can do about it..." and even have your eyes red from holding back those crocodile tears...

Just because my natural hair colour is black, I have black eyes, I use chopsticks for meals, speak English with a different accent, flat chested, and I don't say "no worries mate" or "how's it going, mate"... I deserve to be treated differently!

No doubt Australia is a great place, I guess that's also why no one ever step out of here, that's why they are so ethnocentric...

They really need to get a life, take the step into the big big world and acknowledge that they are not the only being on earth and they are not the SUPERIOR race...

*roll eyes*

Obviously, I've just encounter some very racist situation... Don't really want to dwell into it...

I'm just disgusted with the way my fellow social workers are behaving... Even social workers to be are racist, what more can we expect from the rest of the Australian population?

Of cos, not all Australians are like that... I do have a few Australian friends who are really nice and we even sat down for lunch and all.

I told my friends that I'm tired of being nice and not being reciprocated. I have tried for 2 years, I'm not going to do that anymore... I'll just go with what comes my way, and I won't try to fit into clicks that obviously live in a world of their own.

It's bad enough being an International Student and having to pay full fee and eat fish and chips day in and out, racism shouldn't be tolerated.

Posted by Piglet at 9:16 PM

1 comments