Thursday, April 06, 2006
Boring life...
I use to think that I may have more to blog about after I start my attachment, because I'm going to meet different studies everyday or even better, get to speak to them about their problems.
But...
Nothing like that is happening...
I'm not complaining about the place where I'm doing my prac, but it's just now how I've expected it to be.
I enjoy working with my supervisor, she's just too great to be true... so are my other colleagues. Even tho some of them may seem a little distant, but they're mostly nice and diplomatic.
Up til this point, I've been sitting in as an observor with the advisors(social workers) when they are seeing students. I just sit there and observe... which is good, at least it's first hand feel of the theories that were learnt in lectures.... I'm just waiting for the chance to have my own clients, mananging my own cases. I guess the time will come in a matter of time, I just have to have more patience.
Other than that, I'm mostly involve in staff meetings, taking minutes, organising workshops, helping out at the front desk, trying to complete my curriculum, etc...
Afterall social work isn't like counselling, where most of the time, they meet students one on one and thrash it out. Social work is a more wholistic approach to being involve in helping the person(s). Let's not go into the technicalities of the issue...
Oh well, I guess it's good exprerience afterall. I get to do a bit of everything, pretty adhoc, relaxed environment... You can be 15 - 30mins late no one will flinch an eyebrow. They are not really big on that, you can even leave 15mins early if u want... No one's going to dock your pay.
So that explains the lack in material to blog about... I don't want to make it so that it's an obligation to blog, I want to blog when I feel that there's somthing worth while to blog about.
Like if I have something funny or interesting to share... Else it really does defeat the purpose of bloggin.
I'm sure you won't want to know about my daily activities...
And... some stuffs are too sensitive to be blogging about... it may(or may not) raise controversy, but just to be on the safe side, I better keep my mouth shut.
I've blogged about some things in the past and somehow I feel I shouldn't have... Of cos it's not too late to remove them, but I guess it's a good reflection of how I felt at the point in time. I could have felt strongly about that one particular incident there and by going back there again, I realised i could have handled the situation slightly differently.
I guess we learn some and we regret some...
Of cos, regret is redundance...
Oh it's me being social work-y again...
This is perhaps a sign to say I should stop blogging for now.
Yeah...
Til' next time...
-___-"
Posted by Piglet at 7:49 PM
Navigation
Wish List
chatters
hits and misses
Credits