Saturday, June 10, 2006

A few words before the exams...

Internship is officially over and done with... No dramas of any sort... I kinda expected some emotional moments, because I personally felt really sad to go. Nevertheless it was all good, we had a farewell lunch and exchanged a few hugs here and there and that was it... My one whole semester, 17 weeks of Internship is over...

Nothing to be happy about.... because.... EXAM is next on the list...

First paper is next Wednesday after that I have 5 days to study for the next subject.

I think I'm crazy, because I am actually looking forward to exams. I mean, which idiert will look forward to exam... But I am...

I was talking to a colleague on the last day of work and she told me she didn't sleep well the night before because she dreamt of a tall, dark and handsome man someone Antonio Bandares looking...

She's been divorced for over 20 years and has a son who's self dependant, so she doesn't have to worry about kids anymore. Even though she may not say it, she seem lonely sometimes.

This is when I question myself, how can anyone ever get use to loneliness... Going home to an empty house, having dinner alone in front of the tv everyday, no one to wake up to and no one to have breakfast with. All activities end when she reach home at 6pm... But she said something really inspiring, she said,"I'm not lonely, I'm just alone..."

Thinking back to the first 2 weeks I came back to Brisbane, the house was empty. I had to come back 2 weeks earlier because of my internship and no one was back because the semester hasn't start. For that 2 weeks, I eat every meal in front of my lappie, be it chatting on MSN and eating or watching some anime that I've downloaded. It was one of the worst times I had... I felt so lonely, and I cried so much... To make things worse, the first 3 days I was back there was no phone nor internet. I was really in a world of my own...

It was only for 2 weeks and I was already going crazy, I can't imagine how my colleague get by on her own for so many years.

I wish her all the best before I left... I really hope she can find someone to love again. Mostly, she can find someone to wake up to every morning, have candle light dinner once in a while, go on trips with someone to read the map for her and someone to carry her groceries.

Everyone deserves to have someone by their side, for those who don't... Remember, you are not lonely... you are alone... and it's temporary. And for those who do, you know what you should do...

Posted by Piglet at 3:34 PM

1 comments