Saturday, September 02, 2006
It's been a long time...
since I had a proper conversation with Vin The Man.... It's not because we're quarrelling or anything... Just that he's been reallllllllly busy with work for the past week. So if you are reading this... Take care ya.. and get as much of your beauty sleep as you can... I think you need it.
I had a conversation with Ms Choo about best friend again. We've talked about this before, and we didn't really had a conclusion. So yesterday, we talking about it again. Even though the conversation wasn't much of a conversation because there was interruptions here and there... but... we kinda get the picture.
In my opinion, there's no such thing as a best friend... and why have a best friend, when you can have a few close friends? Besides... it's really not easy being a best friend... it's like the next best thing to being someone's boyfriend/girlfriend... and sometimes even better. Like if you had a quarrel with your partner, you go to your best friend for consolation. Which can be quite challenging... So without a best friend, I pretty much kept everything to myself... It's not healthy and nothing to be proud of...
To be someone's best friend... it means... more than just hanging out for senseless talking sessions, or a few slumbers at each other's place. It's going to be a lot like... the first person that comes to mind, other than your spouse when you are facing a predicament. Say for example... When I have a problem with something, the first person, I think of to tell is Vin The Man. When he's unavailable... I'm lost.
So when Jingyin ask me..."is Vin your best friend?" I hesitated before saying 'no'. I mean... I have nothing against boyfriend and best friend being the same person... but I rather not.... What if I want to complain about him!? (Not that I have anything to complain... )
Top 5 traits of a best friend:
1. TRUST, and non judgemental
2. Absence of hesitant
3. You can cry in the person's presence
4. Not afraid of offending each other
5. Element of eternity
That's just what I think... It's funny how I actually stopped believing in the whole notion of best friend since I was in primary school... Shouldn't it be the time when it was trendy to have best friends? Oh well...
Posted by Piglet at 1:28 PM
Navigation
Wish List
chatters
hits and misses
Credits