Sunday, October 29, 2006
Guess what...
I'm WOW-ing... In laymen's term, I'm starting to play world of warcraft.
Nothing permanent, I'm just playing it temporarily.
Anyway, in response to the comments posted by my cousin in the last post.
I think he's right.
People should be nice because they are genuinely nice and not be nice for the sake of reciprocity in any manner. Irregardless tangible or untangible...
I'm the social worker I should know better. No doubt I study human behaviour, but I'm sure you'll know that theory and practical can be vastly different.
Nevertheless, if I help every of my client because I am expecting something in return, I'm most probably going to be expecting to have a hard life.
Therefore... I want this post to be the very post to end all complains and negative emotions against my housemate. I'm never ever going to make another any comment about him ever again.
Firstly, I think what my cousin said really gave me a wake up call... Life is more than just being nice and expecting the recepient of ur niceness to response in the same manner. If I'm doing that, I don' t think I'm any better from my housemate. At the same time, I believe I can do better than that...
Secondly, I think it is bad for Karma... I'm the superstitious kind. I believe in reincarnation, retribution and all that crap. So for nobody's sake, but my own... I think it'll do myself some good.
So... there... Life goes on with or without internet connection, if I can't get it at my own home, there's always other alternative. Life goes on whether I have sucky housemates... if I can't stand the sight of him, then it's up to me to seek out ways to avoid making contacts.
I guess the bottomline is... Not to let other people affect what you are going to do with your life and wallow in self pityness. Nobody is going to feel sorry for you, if if they do, they can't do anything about it. Rather... I should be making appropriate changes to my life to make it more enriching. It's up to me to make myself feel happy and not be subjected to the whims of other to determine how my day will be.
Even if I am unhappy, these people will still exist.
As the saying goes:
山不转,路转;路不转,人转。
Posted by Piglet at 2:50 AM
Navigation
Wish List
chatters
hits and misses
Credits