Thursday, March 01, 2007
weekend begins...
Nothing to be happy about really, since I only have lessons for 2 days for this week. So, I kinda have a whole five days of weekends...Nevertheless, weekends are something to be cheerful about.
Weather's still hot, especially in the afternoon, but it gets cooler at night. Been raining a little, usually when it starts to rain it means that the season is changing. So hopefully the weather will start to cool down soon. Autumn is my favourite season, because it's not as hot as summer, and not as cold as the winter... Just comfortable...
I learn something new today, courteousy of ah wee lee... the term 'rub bar' in hokkien, means to be in prison... sound a little weird in English, I don't know how it sounds in hokkien... so yar... rub bar... and the explanation he gave was:
(0_0) MisS yOu LikE CraZ .̡͌l̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̡͌ says:
go jail... the the metal bar...
(0_0) MisS yOu LikE CraZ .̡͌l̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̡͌ says:
hold on to it everyday
(0_0) MisS yOu LikE CraZ .̡͌l̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̡͌ says:
rub up and down
(0_0) MisS yOu LikE CraZ .̡͌l̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̡͌ says:
shouting
(0_0) MisS yOu LikE CraZ .̡͌l̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̡͌ says:
"I WAN TO GO OUT... I WAN TO GO OUT"
(0_0) MisS yOu LikE CraZ .̡͌l̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̡͌ says:
hahahaha
ya... so... there you go... the meaning of 'rub bar'.
I also learn something else... Nothing new... I'm sure many people has been under such situation before.
Not going to go through the hassle of explaining the whole situation, in brief, I had a totally screwed up lecture today. I consider it the worst lecture I ever had in UQ for many reasons. As 'consumers' when we pay for something, it is reasonable for us to expect a certain level of service standards. Especially at University level, we are expected to meet the school's standards in order to get us our certs (among other things). However, expectations and disappointment are co-related...
It applies to anything else that is happening around us... We have expectations for everything, be it high or low... the more we expect, the higher or lower the sense of disappointment or satisfaction respectively.
Say in a pessimistic situation (because I'm a pessimist, although I still prefer to think I'm a realist), we expect a lot from someone or something... but it turns out that the outcome is not what you expected. Naturally the next emotion that follows is disappointment...
I can't say for everyone, but for me, I have to constantly remind myself not to expect too much from others, as a virgo, a high achiever, a perfectionist, I can assure you that it's hard as hell for me to neutralise that urge to place my own expectations on other people... One way to counteract is to place to expectations on myself...
As much as I cannot determine what other people should or shouldn't do, I am able to decide for myself what I want and can do...
Life is but a bitch... but there's always a rainbow after the rain...
Posted by Piglet at 5:05 PM
Navigation
Wish List
chatters
hits and misses
Credits